Turkey international star Hakan Calhanoglu has dismissed reports that he is poised to join Chelsea this summer.
The Premier League side, who have established a nine-point lead at the top of the table after easily defeating title rivals Arsenal 3-1 at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, have been linked with a move for the Bayer Leverkusen midfielder come the close of the current 2016-17 campaign.
The 22-year-old, who has 26 international caps for his country, has scored seven goals and provided seven assists in 22 appearances in all competitions for the Bundesliga outfit so far this season.
I said nothing about Chelsea in the press & didn’t talk to any Turkish journalist – neither about the court decision nor about my future!
— Hakan Çalhanoğlu (@hakanc10) February 6, 2017
Calhanoglu, who featured for Turkey at UEFA Euro 2016 last summer, was alleged to have said a move to Stamford Bridge was on the cards.
However, the attacking midfielder took to Twitter (Above) to rubbish the reports.
He posted, “I said nothing about Chelsea in the press and did not talk to any Turkish journalist – neither about the court decision nor about my future!”