The focus once again returned to the Premier League following on from the midweek European action, and the top-flight did not disappoint.

Jamie Vardy’s hat-trick eased Leicester City’s domestic issues as they stunned Manchester City 4-2 at the King Power Stadium in Saturday evening’s fixture, a victory that takes Claudio Ranieri’s Foxes up to 14th position.

The current title-holders were 3-0 up after just 20 minutes played, with Vardy netting a brace either side of Andy King’s strike. Vardy added his third late in the second-half, prior to Aleksander Kolarov and Nolito pulling two goals back in the dying embers.

Earlier in the day, Watford beat Everton 3-2 at Vicarage Road to kick start the action at lunchtime. Stefano Okaka’s brace won it for the upwardly moving Hornets, who claimed the three points in Hertfordshire.

Arsenal came from behind at the Emirates Stadium to defeat Stoke City, as strikes from Theo Walcott, Mesut Ozil and Alex Iwobi confirmed a 3-1 win for Arsene Wenger’s Gunners.

Burnley ended a run of three successive league defeats when they came out on top in a five-goal thriller against AFC Bournemouth at Turf Moor.

Goals from Jeff Hendrick, Stephen Ward and George Boyd proved decisive for the Clarets on home soil, a result that moves Sean Dyche’s East Lancastrians up to 13th in the standings.

Struggling Hull City and Crystal Palace shared six goals and one point at the KCOM Stadium on Saturday. Alan Pardew’s side gained a share of the spoils through Fraizer Campbell’s 89th minute equaliser for the Croydon club.

Swansea City won the other basement battle, seeing off Sunderland, thanks to strikes from Gylfi Sigurdsson and Fernando Llorente’s brace at the Liberty Stadium.

On Sunday, Chelsea returned to the top of the table after Diego Costa’s 76th minute goal beat West Bromwich Albion, while Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s scored the winner as Manchester United got the better of Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford.

Southampton moved into the top half after club-record signing Sofiane Boufal hit a 25-yard strike in the second-half to down Middlesbrough at St Mary’s.

The final match of the weekend between Liverpool and West Ham United finished in a 2-2 draw at Anfield. Divock Origi rescued a point for Jurgen Klopp’s Reds, who remain in third, while West Ham move out of the relegation places.

Shoot! take a look at What’s Hot and What’s Not from another action packed week of Premier League action…

Brought to you by Shoot!