Date: 15th December 2017 at 5:48pm
Written by:

Manchester United have been handed a huge boost in their reported pursuit of France international forward Antoine Griezmann.

The Premier League side, who narrowly defeated AFC Bournemouth 1-0 at Old Trafford on Wednesday night, have been continually linked with a mega money move for the Atletico Madrid star, who will be allowed to leave the Spanish side in the future.

The 26-year-old, who has 49 international caps for his country, has scored seven goals and provided five assists in 18 appearances in all competitions for the La Liga outfit so far this season.

Griezmann, who joined Atletico from Real Sociedad back in July 2014 in a deal worth around £24m, has netted an impressive 90 goals in just 178 games overall for the club.

However, manager Diego Simeone has told L’Equipe that the Frenchman will be allowed to leave Atletico, though the striker is expected to stay at the Wanda Metropolitano until the summer.

Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann.

“Of course Griezmann will be able to leave at some point, the same way (Diego) Costa and Arda Turan were allowed to leave,” Simeone said.

“I love my players a lot and I love to see them grow. I am not ungrateful.

“If a player comes to me and says: ‘Coach, I have a once in a lifetime chance to play for a certain team, I want to leave’.

“If he did all he could for me as Griezmann does, I’ll say it’s no problem. I know that he needs to grow.”

Premier League rivals Manchester United could face stiff competition for his services, with Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona also thought to be interested in Griezmann.

THE 2018 SHOOT ANNUAL IS OUT NOW! CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR COPY.

 
Brought to you by Shoot!