Date:2nd February 2022 at 4:00pm
Written by:

Unwanted Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele has already signed a pre-contact agreement with an unnamed club, according to Barcelona president Joan Laporte. 

As reported by Goal, the La Liga side are said to be furious that the Frenchman didn’t agree a move away during the January transfer window, as they are now lumbered with him and his astronomical wages for a further six months.

The winger was linked with a number of clubs during January, including Chelsea and Manchester United, but a move never materialised and he stayed put in Catalunya.

Dembele had reportedly been pushing for a move away last summer with no interest in staying with Barcelona, however he has seemingly had a change of heart, despite his club wanting rid of him.

Now, Laporte has spoken out about the player’s situation, and he is clearly unhappy.

“We offered him the renewal, with a very good offer,” he told reporters.

Dembele’s time with Barcelona has been plagued by injuries

“Later it turned out that it was an economic issue, that he wanted more.

“We told him that he wanted to renew, but the issue became stuck. The agent took a position of not saying anything and that has consequences. We have done our best.

“We presented him with two proposals and they were good. We are very surprised that he did not accept. The last one was from an English club and he did not want to go, he preferred to stay here for six months.

“We think he has an agreement with another club. That’s what his agent has insinuated to us.”

Laporta’s comments will be of particular interest to Chelsea supporters, with the Blues having been heavily linked with Dembele in the closing hours of the window on Monday.

Tuchel worked with the 24-year-old during his time with Borussia Dortmund, and the German has spoken previously of his admiration for the player and desire to one day work with him again.

 
Brought to you by Shoot!