Nike Football have today announced their Manchester City Home kit for the 2015/16 season.
Inspired by classic Manchester City designs, the new kit blends timeless colours and details with Nike Football performance innovation to unite the club’s past and future with distinctive Mancunian style.
– Iconic sky blue with a contemporary, slim white polo neck collar finished with concealed buttons beneath the placket, a visual reference to Manchester’s take on casual wear – structured yet laid-back, and heavily influenced by the aesthetics synonymous with the city’s legendary music and fashion scenes.
– Nike Dri-FIT technology draws sweat away from the body to the exterior of the shirt and shorts where it quickly evaporates, allowing players to perform at their best by remaining cooler, drier and more comfortable.
– Laser-cut ventialtion holes and mesh panels in the key areas of the kit are designed to improve performance by increasing air circulation to the players’ bodies and helping regulate their temperatures.
– Jersey is crafted using an engineereed mesh fabric that is used in both the shirt’s front and back panals to increase airflow and facilitate enhanced movement.
– Shirt, shorts and socks constructed with recylced poylester, which is made from recycled plastic bottles that are melted down to produce fine yarn are used to create the fabric. Each kit is made using an average of 18 bottles, and Nike has diverted more than 2 billion plastic bottles from landfills since 2010.
The home kit was launched with the help of those who make the club what it is – the city fans themselves. Through the Nike Football App, an exclusive selection of blues were given the opportunity to attend the City Football Academy, be the first to see the new design and became part of today’s launch.
The kit will be available to buy from nike.com starting July 10.