Date: 4th September 2019 at 4:48pm
Written by:

Manchester United’s Nemanja Matic has quashed rumours of a rift with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The midfielder has yet to start for the Red Devils so far this term, losing his place to the likes of Scott McTominay and Andreas Pereira.

In fact, Matic has made just one substitute’s appearance which came in the recent 1-1 draw at Southampton.

But despite revealing there was a conflict of views, the Serbia international says he’s focussing on trying to regain his place in the starting XI.

Ahead of his country’s Euro 2020 qualifier against Portugal on Saturday, Matic told reporters (via the Mirror): “In the first two or three games he (Solskjaer) determined the team without me.

Solskjaer has opted for Scott McTominay ahead of Matic in midfield.

I work as hard as I can, we respect the decision, it is mine to show him that he was wrong and to bring me back to where I belong.

There is no problem. I told him I disagreed with him, but that he had to decide the team.

The 31-year-old signed from Premier League rivals Chelsea in the summer of 2017 and has played 88 matches overall for the club.

In his time at Stamford Bridge, Matic played a key part in helping the London side win two Premier League titles.

 
Brought to you by Shoot!