England and Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney has ruled out a move to China this summer, according to the Daily Star.
The 31-year-old, who became The Red Devils’ all-time leading goalscorer after surpassing the legendary Sir Bobby Charlton on Saturday with an exquisite equaliser against Stoke City, has scored five goals and provided ten assists 26 appearances in all competitions for Jose Mourinho’s side so far this season.
Rooney, who has been at Old Trafford since August 2004 following his move from Everton, has recently been linked with a switch to the Far East, where numerous Chinese Super League outfits are interested in the striker’s services, with a deal worth a whopping £1m-a-week on the table.
However, the club captain has no intention of leaving The Theatre of Dreams at the end of the 2016-17 campaign.
He said, “Of course I’m committed to the club.
“I’ve been at the club a long time and you know football is a strange game and anything can happen, things change very quickly.
“But I’m happy at Manchester United. Of course, as I’ve said before, I want to play more games but I’m in a happy place at the moment.”
Rooney still has 18 months remaining on his current £300,000-a-week contract at United.